The entire admissions process is focused on evaluating the alignment between a student’s interests, strengths, and areas of growth and Mansfield Hall’s supports, services, and community setting.
This comprehensive process includes our review of pertinent documentation.
We generally ask to review available documentation prior to a visit to one of our locations, although this may be waived by the Admissions Office.
- A recent Psychological or Neuropsychological assessment report (school or private, see requirements below).
- Current or most recent annual Individual Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan and reevaluation paperwork, if available.
- Any district, state or individual standardized assessment results (e.g. ACT, SAT, MAP, etc.). Unofficial copies suffice, but official copies may be required by the college or university upon enrollment.
- High school transcripts (and college transcripts, if applicable). Unofficial copies suffice, but official copies may be required by the college or university upon enrollment.
Required** assessments include:
- Intellectual Ability Assessment Results (e.g. WAIS IV, SB-V, WJ-III Cog, etc.)
- Academic Achievement Assessment Results (e.g. WJ Achievement, WIAT-III, etc.)
- Behavioral / Socio-emotional Profile (e.g. BASC-2, Achenbach CBCL, etc.)
**Please note – If you have a current IEP and/or a current neuropsych you likely already have what we need. If you do not, please contact us for more information.
We recommend that all students who wish to receive accommodations in college complete educational testing within two years of their intended enrollment date, regardless of the decision to apply to or enroll with Mansfield Hall. This testing provides students with key understanding about their learning profile, and is almost always required documentation for receiving accommodations at the post-secondary level.
Other assessments that are helpful, but are not required:
- Executive Functioning Profile
- Sensory Processing Profile
- Adaptive Behavior Assessment Results (e.g. Vineland II, ABAS II, etc.)
- Attention / concentration / hyperactivity tests (e.g. Conners, CPT II, IVA, TOVA, etc.)
- Asperger’s Syndrome or Autism Rating Scales (e.g. ASDS, GARS II, etc.)
Following a review of the paperwork, we generally request the opportunity to connect via phone with 2 -3 ancillary service providers. These conversations can be with a teacher, tutor, mentor, coach – anyone who knows a student well and can increase our knowledge and holistic understanding of a prospective student.