Mansfield Hall provides residential, academic, social, and independent living skill support to students who are going to college. Mansfield Hall is not a college – we are more like “The Super Dorm” – and our students live with us in a safe and supportive living and learning community as they make a successful transition into college and independence.
Due to our individualized approach we spend considerable time getting to know each candidate and their family to ensure our program can meet your needs.
The first step in our application process is to call our Admissions Office at (877) 205-3785, or to use the Contact Form included on this website.
OUR ADMISSIONS PROCESS:
The Mansfield Hall Admissions Process has been designed to give families an opportunity to find clarity, certainty, and support at each step.
Part I – Information Exchange
• Initial informational exchange with Mansfield Hall. Please contact our Admissions Office to schedule a time to discuss if Mansfield Hall can meet your needs.
• Initial calls are scheduled, and usually last 45 – 60 minutes.
• Mansfield Hall reviews testing, transcripts, IEP’s, and other relevant documentation.
• Mansfield Hall speaks with 2 – 3 ancillary service providers (i.e. a teacher, tutor, mentor, school counselor, coach, etc) to learn even more about a student’s interests, strengths, and areas of growth.
• Upon completion of Part I a team decision, including the family, student, and Mansfield Hall, is made to move forward into Part II.
Part II – In-person Tour and Interview and Admissions Decision
• An in-person tour/interview is scheduled for the family and the student.
• While informal and informational, this tour is designed to help students and families get an in-person understanding of who we are, what we do, how we do it, and the nature of our residential community. This in-person visit also helps us make final evaluations as to student appropriateness and readiness.
• A preliminary admissions decision is made and shared with the family.
• While we strongly prefer in-person/on-site interviews, off-site or Skype interviews can be utilized, if agreed upon by all parties.
While the above steps usually occur in the above order, there may be times when a tour is scheduled before Part I is complete. In these cases, admissions decisions cannot be made until all steps have been completed.
Part III – Enrollment Process
• The family and student are invited to complete the Application/Enrollment Information Forms via the secure online portal.
• Once the Application/Enrollment Forms are completed, submitted, and reviewed a formal acceptance letter is sent, along with an invoice for the non-refundable Enrollment Fee of $2500. The space is secured upon Mansfield Hall’s receipt of the Enrollment Fee.
• A target enrollment date is selected. New students are expected to attend the Bridge to College Summer Orientation, which starts six to seven weeks prior to the Fall Term. This includes enrolling in the College Readiness course and participating in Mansfield Hall orientation programming. By extending and supporting the transition, students are able to build their comfort with their new environment, and focus on building the relationships which will help carry them through the upcoming year, before the busy fall semester begins.
• Families who have secured a space will receive ongoing information and support as they prepare for enrollment, including direct support in selecting a school and and signing up for classes, planning the transition, receiving information for local service providers, and other pertinent information.
Need assistance or have questions?
Please contact Mansfield Hall staff at (877) 205-3785.
It is the policy of Mansfield Hall to admit and serve all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin or sexual orientation.